The Netherworld a place where might makes right and today's friends are tomorrow's enemies. After a long journey with many ups and downs, Laharl finally finds himself as a full fledged Overlord. However, the other denizens of the Netherworld do not see him as such, so he sets out on a journey with his loyal(..) vassals to receive the respect he deserves. Along the way, Laharl will meet a girl who claims to be his sister, demons with bigger than usual chips on their shoulders, and find out that even his own body holds a few surprises for him.
- Enhanced Customization: The character creation system has been completely revamped to allow for the highest level of character customization in series history
- Master/Pupil System: The player chooses the master and the pupil, as well as which skills to learn; Benefits include new skills and higher weapon proficiencies for the pupil; The master gets a stat boost
- Item World: Challenge this battleground to power up your weapons, items, and characters
- Geo Panels: These status-altering blocks provide bonuses or detriments to the terrain; Change the tide of battle by skillfully manipulating these elemental icons
- Reunite with old friends and meet a new crew: Bringing back the fan favorite trio of Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, with new characters and a brand-new story