Yakuza 4 is single player, third-person, Action-Adventure game exclusively for play on PlayStation 3. The game challenges players to rise or fall in a fictional representation of the Japanese criminal underworld. The game features mission based gameplay, street fighting combat, light RPG attributes and mini-games. Additional features include: four playable characters, character specific finishing moves, movie quality storylines and nearly all the content released in the original Japanese version, including in-game dating functionality.
Yakuza 4 picks up the story of Yakuza 3 one year later and takes the player back to Tokyo. The story starts when a man is shot to death in the ruling territory of the Tojo Clan, the organization that has featured in all games in the series to date. A small gang which belongs to Tojo Clan try to establish what happened and their leader is soon found stabbed to death. These events cause a heated battle between four men over money, power, status and honor. The truth becomes apparent as the lies, betrayals and entwined stories are revealed and when these 4 unflinching men get together, the new legend of Kamurocho is born.
Key Game Features
- Get lost in the infamous "sin-city district" of Tokyo, re-created with incredible detail. Walk and fight in back alleys, main streets, city rooftops and underground areas. Enter bars, restaurants, apartments and more.
- Discover and experience Tokyo's adult nightlife. Enjoy hostess bars, karaoke pickup bars, massage parlors, and pachinko palaces. Deep list of western and Japanese branded products.
- And much more: Video Arcades, Gentlemen's Club, Golf & Bowling, Batting Cages, Pool & Darts, Blackjack, Texas Hold’em, Table Tennis and even harbour fishing.
- Experience a deep and twisting crime story where you play all four characters.
- Take on all challengers with a deeper fighting system and new street chases.
OFLC Rating R16 Violence and Offensive Language